Header Ads

Exclusive Interview with Suriya (Femina Magazine)

Exclusive Interview with Surya (Femina Magazine)

Q : 
You are enjoying the success of 'Singam II'. What is your expectation on this new year ? 
Suriya : 
"I am thanking my fans to play an important role in the success of 'Singam II'. Earlier there was a sentiment that sequels wont work for tamil films. But Hari and his team destroyed the myth. I am thanking them once again. Normally I wont be expecting anything. I commit myself to the directors once the film was kickstarted. I am doing 3 films this year. All these above films belong to different genre. I hope those films will be enjoyable."
Q : 
Can you share something about your film with Lingusamy ? 
Suriya : 
"This is an action film. Lingusamy sir's films have much impressed me. Each of his films belong to a particular variety. Now I have got a chance to work with him. I am extremely happy to work with Lingusamy sir, Santhosh Sivan Sir & Yuvan. Santhosh Sivan is shaping each and every frame in a good manner. All the people are dedicating themselves towards this project."
Q : 
You are giving hit films. You are in a lead position in the industry. How are you choosing your projects ? Suriya :
"I wont see the success alone. It is impossible to cross much distance in the career without my fans. I dont believe that an actor's career depends on his hits or flops. The thing is that, how people are perceiving us in their hearts. I am choosing the projects in such a way that the audience should come out to watch the film in theaters. The script should be in such a manner. I am prefering those kind of scripts."
 Q : 
Who is your favourite co-artists (or) director ? Who accompanied you throughout your career ?
Suriya : "It is impossible to do such classification. All are trying their level best in this field. I am not considering the directors as a friend alone, they are someone close to my heart. This has made me to work with directors like Gautham, Hari, Murugadoss and K.V. Anand. As per my opinion, Rajini sir and Kamal sir are the inspirations of the current generation."
Q : Are you working with Venkat Prabhu ? 
Suriya : "Yes. The film belongs to romance genre."
Q : How is your relationship with your father ? 
Suriya : "Father did not teach me anything. But he inspires me on how to live a life. He is an inspiration for me."
Q : Will he give feedback for your films ?
Suriya : "No. He wont interfere in our business. He has not recommended us to any directors or producers. He is completely away from our cinema career. He watches our films as a common audience in theaters."
Q : When did you prefer cinema as your destination ? Have you ever thought of other jobs ? 
Suriya : "I initially worked in a garments company. It is director Vasanth who invited me t this field. I initially received lot of negative feedbacks on my acting. Later I started loving my profession."
Q : Are you happy with your brother Karthi's progress ? 
Suriya : "Yes. I am happy with his progress. I am now seeing him as a matured actor."
Q : You are doing philanthrophic activities through Ágaram Foundation'. What inspired you to do it ? 
Suriya :
"If we provide an opportunity for education to the current generation. Then the process never stops, continues throughout their entire generations. This is the main theme of 'Agaram Foundation'. My dad is running 'Sivakumar Arakattalai'for the past 25 years. It is the main foundation for the 'Agaram Foundation'. In India, more than 2.5 lakh peoples are affected by kidney failure. But this had went unnoticed due to lak of awareness. I am an ambassador of 'Tamilnadu Kidney Research Foundation'. They are providing good treatment with less amount of fee. for the affected people. Being an ambassador of such organisation is my duty."
Q : Amidst of busy schedules, how are you being a good husband and a good father ? 
Suriya : "It is simple. In shooting hours, I would avoid being 'Saravanan' and in home,I avoid being 'Suriya'."
Q : How are you spending your rest hours to reduce tensions ? 
Suriya : "During rest hours, I spent my time with Diya & Dev."

Q : Do you have future plans or any failed dreams ? 
Suriya : "I dont have any dreams. I wish to contribute something to Tamil Cinema. So I started '2D Productions' in the name of Diya & Dev. I will try to encourage new films which will be a great appeal to family audiences."



Like Us To Get Latest Update